Career planning counsellors at Oâ€™Sullivan College help students formulate career goals and plan strategies to achieve them.
Services offered by the College include:
- Individual career guidance and counselling
- Resource material on career information, employer directories, company literature and university catalogues
- Network of alumni resource people in various fields and locations
Job Placement Service
Counsellors are available to discuss job search strategies. They can also help students prepare CVs and seek job interviews.
In addition, the Placement Service provides students with information on full-time, part-time, summer and temporary employment in their fields of interest. Oâ€™Sullivan Placement counsellors actively work with employers to locate job openings for graduates.
Most of our programs of study include a period of work experience in industry. The Collegeâ€™s Placement Service helps each graduate to find an internship that suits his/her interests. This is an important first step towards eventual employment.
The following services are provided by the Placement Service of
- Group workshops to help students identify their skills, interests and values as they relate to the
- Job outlook conferences featuring prominent employers and alumni speakers
- Simulated employment interviews with professionals from the business community
- Workshops on job hunting, CV writing and interview skills
- Maintenance of a permanent file, including letters of recommendation, follow-ups, etc.
- Access to Oâ€™Sullivanâ€™s computerized placement databank