O'sulivan College of Montreal
Frequently asked questions
- What is the deadline for admission?
We do not have a deadline for admission. We take applicants until a program is full.
- What are your program prerequisites?
For our DEC programs, the only prerequisite is secondary 4 Mathematics (CST) as well as your D.E.S. or D.E.P. For our AEC programs, the basis of admission is your D.E.S., D.E.P. or equivalent. Consult our page on Admission Requirements for all the details.
- Is financial aid available?
Yes, financial aid is available with the government (MELS). Visit www.afe.gouv.qc.ca for more information.
- Do your programs include internships?
Yes, the majority of our programs include an internship.
- Is placement available after the completion of a program?
Yes, Oâ€™Sullivan College has an excellent placement service, available to all students, past and present.
- If I am applying for a DEC program and I already possess a DEC from another institution, will it shorten the duration of my studies?
No, the duration of the program will remain the same, however, you will be exempted from the general education classes you have already completed.
- What are the differences between a DEC and an AEC?
The main difference between a DEC (Diploma of Collegial Studies) and an AEC (Attestation of Collegial Studies) is that a DEC includes general education classes, whereas an AEC does not. The other difference is that a DEC gives the students the choice to either pursue University studies or start working, whereas an AEC prepares the student directly for the job market.
- Can I go to university after completing an AEC?
Yes, but there are certain criteria you must meet. You must be 21 years of age or older, and you might be required to take prerequisite classes depending on the program you are interested in applying for. We suggest contacting the university you are interested in applying to for more specific information.
- Does Oâ€™Sullivan College offer housing and/or daycare services?
No, we do not have on-campus housing or daycare services at our college.
- Is there parking available?
We do not have a private parking lot available, however, there are several public lots located close to the college available at an affordable rate.
- What is the admissions process for an International student?
Please refer to the section on our website for all necessary information on how to apply as an International student.
- Is there an age limit for students at Oâ€™Sullivan College?
No there is no age limit for the students that study at our college, however, it is important to think about how you will handle integrating into a class where age varies, as well as your capabilities of going back to school (?)