Coaching is a technique aimed at making students accountable for their learning process and preparing them for the demands of the workplace. Students are provided with the tools that help them to reach their objectives. They are given the feedback they need in order to make necessary adjustments which enable them to reach their goals.
Coaching is a collaborative partnership helping students to:
- establish their objectives;
- set priorities according to the importance given to their choice of goals;
- create a timeline for the changes they want to make;
- keep on track through scheduled coaching sessions;
- remain focused and committed to the desired results.
Coaching provides students with insight and guidance on how to make the changes they want. It is a personalized approach that takes the form of one on one meetings lasting no longer than 50 minutes. The frequency of the encounters is determined according to the issue raised, the students’ availability and
their willingness to undertake the process recommended. The different tools used in Coaching are based on active listening, and the use of questions and reformulation. The confidence established between the student and coach is indispensable to reaching the desired objectives.
Learning is a process that requires your positive, active participation. Be proactive and reap the benefits of this choice.
GETTING WELL-EQUIPPED TO SUCCEED
Coaching helps students:
- build their self-confidence;
- evaluate the impact of their decisions;
- learn to settle differences in a nonstressful
- become aware of what negatively impacts
- recognize their strengths and their
- develop their competencies;
- communicate with clarity and precision;
- perform better.
OBJECTIVES OF COACHING:
Show students how to:
- organize themselves properly;
- manage their time;
- develop good note-taking skills;
- follow proven study techniques;
- improve their ability to remember;
- prepare for exams efficiently;
- keep their stress level under
- clear their mind and concentrate;
- deal with procrastination;
- efficiently work in teams.
A student who is in crisis can obtain immediate professional help to:
- talk about their situation;
- sort out their feelings;
- confide in someone.
Given by: Nicole Tamaro
Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
and by appointment till 5 p.m.